Any info/reviews on Shaw Duratru sheet vinyl?

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Retrochic, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Retrochic

Retrochic New Member

Hello everyone,

We're looking for a sheet vinyl for our 11x10 foot kitchen; the kitchen gets pretty heavy traffic as it's a "thruway" to our basement. I'm having difficulty finding a design that I like. We're restoring a vintage kitchen, and I prefer the jaspe (streaky) designs that were popular in that era. I found a style I like at Shaw, but don't know anything about that company.

It's Archipelago; the individual brand is "Duratru." The website tells me only that the wearlayer is 20 ml. No warranty duration is provided, so I wonder whether the consumer can choose the quality of the flooring, from Essentials (5 years) to Superior (25 years).

Are Shaw's products good? Rounding out the top three are Flexitec @ work (Raeburn, lifetime warranty, 10-year limited commercial), and Congoleum Airstep Evolution (Kaleidoscope, 20? year warranty). Any thoughts on relative quality among those options?

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

Out of those three, I would pick Congoleum's every time. Nothing sticks to that vinyl, marker wipes right off. It also is a lot more adaptable to tough situations and can be fully glued, spot glued, or perimeter glued. It really lays flat and nice.

3. Retrochic

Retrochic New Member

Thanks for the input. It's too bad that's my least favorite pattern. But quality is a big consideration, too.