Anti static system under carpet tiles?

Discussion in 'Looking For a Flooring Professional or Product' started by Darren Ramey, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member

I'm asking for a friend. He is looking for some sort of anti static grid to go under carpet tiles in a computer room. Anyone heard of such a thing? I've heard of grids that work as hearing aid amplifiers, but not this.

2. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

I've done plenty under vinyl, server rooms mostly. Copper strips and a special glue. That system may be able to be adapted for you purposes.
    It's basically an "Earthing" circuit.
    I've used a variety of vinyls so they don't really play into the equation, just not sure if carpet would isolate/buffer the circuit ?.

After a quick search I found a few"Floors on Legs" scenarios but that may be over the top for your purposes. Also found this...

https://www.staticworx.com/esd-applications/best-options-datacenter-floor.php

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

We've used the copper band wire under sheet vinyl with the electrostatic dissipative adhesive for a hospital machine room.

But there are carpet tiles designed for that, maybe the flat copper band for that as well. We just ran it to the wall, maybe electrician handled it from there.

Probably Incog has done loads of it.

4. Staticworx is actually partnered with Interface and offers anti-static carpet tile. It's sold through Staticworx but made by Interface.

Here's the link to that specific page:
    ShadowFX™ Anti-Static Carpet Tile

• Like Like x 1
  5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Done some anti static VCT before but not carpet tiles.