Allen + Roth 8 mm laminate flooring

Discussion in 'Laminate Flooring Q&A' started by Handy Helper, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Handy Helper

Handy Helper New Member

I recently purchased some 8mm. 3.93 ft x 6.14 marveno hand scraped laminate. We were very excited because all the reviews said it was super easy to install. We’ve found it to be anything but. There are very large gaps between each row. We started with spacers against the main wall and on the side. We did put down underlayment. We have watched several videos and attempted to mirror what they are doing but still can’t get rid of the spaces between the rows. Help please!!!

Attached Files:

2. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Maybe you broke the locking mechanisms while trying to install?

Was the pad you used approved for that particular product? Is your subfloor sound, secure & flat?

Unfortunately its about a 95% chance the problem is installation related.
    I think the first thing to check would be your pad. If it's not dense enough (too squishy) it will cause planks to disengage or break their locking mechanism with foot traffic.

How long was it down before it started to separate? Have you tried taking it apart & re installing?

3. Handy Helper

Handy Helper New Member

We have taken it apart and reinstalled several times. The pad is the one suggested by Lowe’s. I’m sure we are just putting it down incorrectly. Thanks for your input.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Yes, very wrong. I don’t even see it connected. It has to be straight. Usually walls are not so they start you off wrong.

One saying in Masonry, “Start Right, Stay Right” meaning the lead walls,corners etc. must be at right height, set in proper place because the rest of the block follows the string line of the initial block placed.

So stringline down the joint to see if it’s our of alignment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Maybe its a glue together....

6. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

The question begs to be asked... if you did one row and it wasn't together why do more??
    Take 4 boards and practice, get the first two together in a "row" then add the second two in a separate row.... once you have mastered how it locks together it will be a breeze.