Adura Luxury Plank Disaster

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Carol Hayhoe, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Carol Hayhoe

Carol Hayhoe New Member

Had it installed this spring and it has been a disaster. Almost immediately had cracks and separated areas which we are tripping on. It has never looked good. Mannington has been Very difficult to deal with and is denying any claims. Now we have a mess in our living area and have wasted 2500. We installed the Adura Luxury planks and they were acclimated and professionally installed. Will go with Hardwood probably but definitely not Mannington ever again.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I moved your reply to a 5 year old topic to its own topic.

3. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

I have installed thousands of feet of Adura,never had or seen any issues.Something,probably installer related must have caused the issues?Without pictures it's hard to say what.So,Can you post a few pictures?

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

No Flooring type is perfect, no matter what you choose, they all have their issues. It's over wood substrate?

5. I live in a rental with Adura throught the "living space" (entrance, hallway, living room). It is doing very well (I hate vinyl...but must admit this is doing the job). It is atleast 5 years old...even older. The box in the basement storage area states Adura.

We've been in the rental for 2 years. No problems with this floor in any way shape of form. If it is separating (the seams are openning up between the planks) and you are "tripping" on these planks, that sounds to me like an installation issue.

When installation issues occur, they occur quickly (more often than not). Your time-line fits an "install issue". Again, without photos, we are simply guessing. Please post photos.

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Who installed the product, you or someone else?

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

You must be blaming the product due to your unhappiness, I'd be right onboard with you if it were true. I would actually consider using it in my home, I like the product, Mannington is a good company with a great reputation. This can get resolved, what was the process of purchase? (Retailer, etc.) some details will help if you change your mode to tactical.

8. Carol Hayhoe

Carol Hayhoe New Member

It was professionally installed by a company with 20 years experience. Have discovered that at least one other batch from the same company at the same time had the same experience. Trying to work this out. Thanks for all the comments

9. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

I still have to go with an faulty Installation,and if there were 2 jobs with issues i have to GUESS that the same installer did both. Don't be taken with the company having 20 years experience,how much experience did the installer have? Did he use the correct glue? Did he do proper prep work? I have installed many thousand feet of this product and most of Manningtons other products with no failures or issues. Pictures will help us diagnose this issue.

10. Carol Hayhoe

Carol Hayhoe New Member

Installer not even in the same state but batch is from the same location. Mannington is no longer going to have this made in China due to Quality issues. Getting this resolved. Thanks

11. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Often times the company's will not hesitate to replace if they know there was a bad batch. It happens.