Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Daris Mulkin, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

According to my digital thermometer it went to 99.8 degrees today. Almost had the humidity to go with it. That was at 4:45 this afternoon. Its now 8:03 and 93.8. I hate heat. :(

Daris

2. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

Only about 90 here. With 98% humidity. Makes for short shifts working on my car in the driveway. Northeast is really bad, I guess.

3. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

About 78 with a calm breeze and kicked back on the porch .....

4. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Resting In Peace

99 today, 100 the next few days. :eek:

5. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

With Mark working so much, this must have been posted by Rachel;)

6. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

Nope she is pickin up all the fireworks debris I scattered over 10 acres......:cool:

7. Daris Mulkin

lmao lmao

Daris

8. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Don't think we have had a day above 80 this year yet. This summer is pitiful.

9. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

I am outside of Filthadelphia and depending where your at, it reached 102 today.:eek:

10. Sean Moore

Sean Moore Pro Member

High of 70F tomorrow, brah.

Suck it down!

11. Daris Mulkin

Went back to 99.8 again today at 3pm when I looked but it went down after that. Humidity is about 67 % though. clothes tuck to you again. Right now it is 84.5.

Daris

12. Nick Arrera

103 here Pole with a heat index of 104 . :eek:

Suppose to be a degree or better Wednesday. :D

13. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

And its 13 C here :)

14. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I moved to Southern California in 1987 from Connecticut for the weather.

In that regard I'm not the least bit disappointed.

Connecticut is a wonderful place to grow up and raise kids but I have no need in my life or love for the "change of seasons." You can keep your wind, cold, rain and snow. Give me warmth and sunshine baby. I'll take care of the rest.

100 degrees is fine by me

15. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

I am glad I'm not where you are Nick, I don;t think I could take that. I just pray for air conditioning on the job. I do all residetial.

16. Daris Mulkin

75 at 7 am and susposed to go to the high 90's again today. But here is the kicker the humidity is 87% so the clothes will stick to ya again today.
    Brian a 100 degrees is fine in Ca. there is no humidity. But there isn any in an oven either.

Daris

17. Nick Arrera

Not far from you Pole , right on the other side of the Walt Whitman bridge in Joisey . :)
    Did many a job in Quakertown.

18. mcbrides

mcbrides Canadian Installers Senior Member

No kidding, we are in the thick of it too. Air/con wouldn't kick on Monday night, we had a serviceman out here yesterday, seems our thermostat is pooched and he didn't have a spare with him. At least we are working in air/con today. :D

19. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Just finishing up stage one of this 70,000 square foot vct job. About a day behind schedule because they shut the air conditioning off over the weekend. With the high humidity it was taking 3-4 hours for the adhesive to dry. We told them that cannot happen again. To much down time.

20. mcbrides

mcbrides Canadian Installers Senior Member

Ya, and 5 hours into ripping out vct and scraping sanded paint off the floor, the business owner comes in and cracks off that he should be charging us for the air conditioning (but he had a smile on his face and was just being a bug ~ we have a mutual friend who owns a plumbing and heating company). I don't know what's more exhausting, being idle in the heat or busting your ass in air/con.