9,000th Member Joins TFP

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

cm-flooring-avatar.png Moments ago, The Floor Pro Community's nine-thousandth member registered. I'm very happy #9,000 is a flooring professional from the United Kingdom, CM Flooring. He hasn't posted yet and hasn't added any info to his profile, but please join me in welcoming him to TFP. Say hello to him here and then please, if you have a facebook account, show a little "like" on his FB page: Craig Marshall Flooring on facebook

Disclaimer: CM Flooring turned our member number ticker over to 9,000, but his actual user ID # is 9,174. That's because 174 accounts have been deleted in our 7½ years. Those deleted accounts include really bad people, spammers and duplicate accounts. But I still like to celebrate the turning of the ticker you'll find at the bottom of the forum home page.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I'm not gonna be happy till everyone on earth that has flooring is a member, I still probably wont be happy but thats just me. Glad you found your way Craig, and if theres anything we can do besides US citizenship let us know. When are you guys gonna create another awesome Rock-n-RoLL band?

3. Nate Hall

Nate Hall Types With Elbows Senior Member Published

9,000 strong!!:dance:
    WE ROCK!! ( by we I mean Jim)

4. Jim McClain

Well, by "we" I mean all of our loyal TFP members who keep chattering away helping each other and our Pro, consumer & DIY visitors. I did a little, everyone else did a LOT. :yesss:

But I am a little disappointed in the response to this topic. I thought 9,000 members was kind of a big deal and something to talk about. :hu: And after a special PM to cm flooring, a "like" to his FB page, posts on my personal FB timeline, the TFP facebook page and CM Flooring's FB page, still no post from CM or any of our other active members today. :(

Maybe I'm the one that thinks too much.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I see a few hundred at a time at the site, why was Christmas a few years back the busiest day?

6. Jim McClain

Never could figure that out. Something in a post or a topic title was near the top of most used search terms that day and we got a lot of visitors. We have come close to that number several times since, but haven't surpassed it yet.

7. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Craig you have come across a great flooring site
    I am from New Zealand and have been hanging around here since basically the beginning of The Floor Pro Community
    Over the years I have become friends with a lot of the members, we even met one of your fellow country men when we were in London who showed us around. To me The TFP is not just a flooring site, its a place where people with a common interest can share information and become friends

8. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In Senior Member

Congratulations ! Jim on reaching 9,000.00 !!! :yesss: :yesss:

Definitely a time for reflecting upon all those hours of hard work determination, persistence, and yes ! The Mental prowess :D and Great social skills :yesss: all needed to create and keep this Forum in tip top shape.

Sit back for a moment Jim, the number 9,000.00 is telling you to have a moment of Authentic Pride ! with A Big Smile :D : on this accomplishment.:cool: :cool:

It's been and continues being a pleasure, to be a TFP Member

Mike

9. Jim McClain

Whoa there, Mr. Sli. I WISH the number was 9,000.00. Don't get me wrong, I really like having 9,000 members, but I wouldn't mind 9,000.00 (dollars) either. Gonna start callin' you Mr. Typo here pretty soon. ;)

10. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In Senior Member

You mean Dr. Typo :p :D

Hey, maybe us 9,000 members could all give $1.00 dollar each ?? :yesss:

Now that would be real Cool

Dr. Typo ( Mike )

11. Finsa

Finsa New Member

Congrats on that landmark (albeit it was a little while ago!) - you guys mustn't be far off 10k now?

I've just recently found the forum and was pleasantly surprised at how active it is.