3D epoxy floor

Discussion in 'Concrete Floor Finishes' started by wakhira, Oct 21, 2016.

1. wakhira

wakhira Member

I am new and I don't know whether this is the right forum but was wondering who has ever made a 3D epoxy floor using sika transparent epoxy resin and if so hw good is the outcome

Sent from my Fly IQ4514 using Tapatalk

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I moved your topic to the correct forum. :D

3. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I used Sika years back but they got crazy in prices so I stopped using there stuff. The floors you want are like in my picture below???

Attached Files:

4. wakhira

wakhira Member

thanx alot planning to use it next week God willing and I want to try to create a 3D epoxy floor. Have you used the self leveling clear epoxy and what do you think of it

5. Quest

Quest Pro Member

Great examples... Good word too, btw :thumbsup:

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

So, how did it come out?

7. kwfloors

Found a color for a job. Playing with the colors. This was the 3rd guess as to what they wanted.

Attached Files:

8. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Picking the color is half the battle. Doing up a test swatch eliminates all kinds of headaches later.

9. wakhira

wakhira Member

it was good but at first I mixed poorly so it didn't cure right but it was a test but now I can do a great epoxy coat

Attached Files:

10. wakhira

wakhira Member

hey guys I have a new project and I have to use oil based epoxy how can I decrease the odour

11. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

What's outside temp and exhaust options? I haven't heard of oil based epoxy. Some details of the space may help. Onboard Naval ships they ran very long lengths of visqueen ducting to overhaul flooring. Activated Carbon filters may work, not on every chemical though so that would need to be verified by manufacturer of epoxy.

12. wakhira

wakhira Member

its around 25 Celsius. with an area of 8m² and its a bathroom and it has one window and I wanted to mean its solvent based epoxy. Am worried about the odour filling the house.

13. Mike Antonetti

77F is good, you can open window on one side of house and run a blower out the window to create an exhaust through the window. My only concern is that the fumes could be ignitable through the blower. You could open the inlet window on other side of house, seal all around the blower and create positive pressure to push the air out through the bathroom window.

Are you saying the bathroom is approximately 23 ft x 23 ft?

This is a 12" 3000cubic ft per minute on high blower, works well, bought at Northern Tool, and another one at Global Industrial online.

Attached Files:

14. wakhira

wakhira Member

thank you mike. This is a great idea. you are genius man

15. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Just use a 100 percent epoxy with out the fillers
    And the only smell will be like wall paint.
    Yes it cost more but you get a better epoxy.

16. wakhira

wakhira Member

epoxyman thanks alot

17. Mike Antonetti

Far from it! I don't like breathing all this stuff I use to breathe.

It all stems from the military, chemical, biological decontamination. Even firefighting schools for desmoking, killing oxygen to fire.
    So Positive Pressure Ventilation is what the firefighters call it when they want to desmoke a space. I got this for dust and my ride on scraper, one of which is propane and will need carbon monoxide exhausted. 14,000 CFM.

Attached Files:

18. wakhira

wakhira Member

hey guys, I need your help how do I prepare tiles for epoxy application any plan that doesn't use acid etching will be helpful

19. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

You can go over tile but it must be stuck and no lose tiles at all.
    You have to grind the tile in order for it to stick.
    Never use acid to prep a floor cause it changes the ph in the concrete. And you never get it off the floor.

The only time we go over tile is when it's a trowel down job
    Of Quartz at a 3/8 thick that way it covers the grout joints
    If not all the grout lines show through

I've fixed tons of floors from painters trying to be a flooring guy.
    It's cheaper to buy a 5.00 gallon of acid then a 10,000
    Floor grinder.

20. kwfloors

A good way to check for loose tiles is bounce a golf ball off every tile, you'll hear the difference between good and bad. If your going to grind the tile you might as well get rid of the tile in my book.