3 phase electric Ride On Scraper

Discussion in 'Flooring Products, Tools & Supplies on EBAY' started by Mike Antonetti, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Attached Files:

2. JPfloor

JPfloor Pro Member

That's a ride on? Where do you sit?

3. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

It is sort of like a Toro Dingo where there is a platform on the back the driver can stand on. The negative of this unit is the required power to operate.

4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea and being 3 phase like my big blaster and vac
    You need this just got it dropped off today for a
    Job we are doing

Attached Files:

5. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

Exactly Epoxyman, and not many guys are familiar with the generators and understand how to eliminate power fluctuations that can stop the equipment from working correctly. A good alternative to the 3 phase blasters is a 220v 1 phase BP-9-SP. Average production rate is 450 sq ft an hour with a CSP1. The larger the blaster the more coverage but higher the power required.

6. Mike Antonetti

That looks like a 70k generator, I'm bidding on a 45 next week. I'm unfamiliar with 3 phase, but will know it soon. Just another leg of power?

Ron, you work on this? Weather was bad, or I would have checked it out. Eating across street at Bonefish using up gift cards.

Attached Files:

7. tsb

tsb well dressed

I don't think I've ever seen a CSP of 1 with a shot blaster. You using fairy dust instead of shot in there? :)

I like the idea of an electric floor scraper. Do they have 480v ones?

8. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

HAHA! Fairy dust!! No we use eggs shells DUH. ;)

9. Mike Antonetti

I missed the 1. I'm not sure what I'm getting with grinder, maybe 2.5, but I'm getting the chip set, maybe joining ICRI. I may use my shot lasted soon after about 2-1/2 years not using it.

10. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

A 2 is stil smooth we do that for a thin floor

11. Mike Antonetti

I think my scarifier may be faster than my shot blaster 9DEZ 110volt.

What about scabblers? I know the 5 head needs a 185 cfm compressor, not sure about the consensus on those, last I recall they were not recommended due to fracturing the slab. Never used one but I like the feeling of pulverizing concrete.

12. tsb

tsb well dressed

Scarifier leave grooves so the high spots between the cutters never get hit so I wouldn't feel comfortable using that as the sole prep method. Even when you make a 2nd 90 degree pass it will leave dimples that never really get hit. Here's a link to a video that shows what I mean (turn the volume down, scarifiers are LOUD). https://goo.gl/photos/e1gpiPgeWBmw8ZAy7

According to ICRI, scarifiers, scabblers and needle scalers all use "impact" as the method of removal which can introduce bruising or micro fractures in the concrete. It's less likely to happen with scarifiers than scabblers or needle scaling but they still recommend sand blasting or bead blasting (pulverization vs impact) after scarifying. I don't do a lot of scarifying jobs but I don't think I've ever had someone elect to pay extra to have me shot blast it after it's scarified.

I've never used scabblers. They seem even worse to run than scarifiers. And I hate scarifiers.

13. Mike Antonetti

Thanks TSB, plenty clear to me pre video due to your concise explanation. I wondered about the voids between wheels of scarifier, so basically all the scarifier is good for is taking down high spots, then grinding but anything bonding to a slab shot lasting is best method.

14. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea shot blasting I used our big one on the job we are at
    Now had right at 3,400 feet in these dog runs I was
    Able to blast within 3 feet of the end wall and about
    1" from the edges went fast in out in out lol

Attached Files:

15. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I've not personally operated scarifiers or scabblers but have had them out on my jobs as a foreman/super on many occasions over the years. We would only use the scabbler to severely chop out large humps in a slab that are just too large for a bushing hammer or diamond grinding. We've used scarifiers many times when the shot blasting wont get multiple layers of patch/glue/epoxy coating/whatever. Yes, it's going to get a lot of the materials gone but it can't get close to enough to avoid the need for a subsequent "cleaning up" either with the hand grinders or shot blasting.

16. tsb

tsb well dressed

If you are prepping for a thick topping (1" or thicker maybe) they will usually call for a CSP of 5-8. Can't typically get that with a shot blaster so you have to use more aggressive methods.

17. Mike Antonetti

You seam to answer my next thought, just haven't had the time to research it!

18. Mike Antonetti

They really want to get rid of this, it's dropped weekly.

Attached Files:

19. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

This started at $12,900 and you are right. Dang near every week it's dropped in price

20. Mike Antonetti

I'm interested, but Leary on its capabilities. Also on the video I think they were running on single phase 220v.

The travel of ram and position etc. I'd have to use it on a Ripup before I decided to buy it. Nick, Ched sold one of those around the time I bought his electric, few weeks later I was looking for it. He sold his diesel ride on?