2018 Healthcare

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Elmer Fudd, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Have you made changes to your healthcare plan for 2018?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'm gonna have to because my current insurer has stopped paying for some of the medications I have had to get apart from the VA system. I've had 2 ER visits in the last 6 months and was prescribed different drugs I was supposed to get at one of the 2 local pharmacies. The one I usually go to said they wouldn't take my insurance card as payment, so I went to the other and they said the same thing.

I have also noticed that my VA appointments are being spread farther apart. I used to be told the doctor wanted to see me in 4 months and the actual appointments were closer to 5 months away. Now they tell me 5 months and the actual appointments are scheduled almost 7 months away. I have an appointment Monday that was originally scheduled for early November, but was rescheduled because my primary care physician has been changed to a new guy - the 3rd new doctor in the last 2 years.

But I guess my health care plan hasn't changed otherwise; I still plan to keep sucking air through a hose in my nose for a good while longer. :D

• Like Like x 2