13-13-13 Giveaway Prize Announcements

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, May 13, 2019.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

The Floor Pro Community is celebrating our 13 years of providing peer support for flooring professionals all over the world and offering free advice and guidance to consumers and do-it-yourselfers everywhere by giving a prize to one lucky winner every day for the next 13 days.

Thanks to the support and sponsorship of ProKnee, Jonny Corners and Tools4Flooring, we have some fantastic prizes to give away. One name will be drawn at random each day, beginning today and ending May 25, 2019. To qualify for the drawing, a member of TFP only had to participate in any discussion a minimum of 2 times. Pros and non-pros, new members and old, everyone has an opportunity to win.

The first winner is...

You'll have to wait until later today. I'll go out with all the qualifying names in a hat to be drawn by who knows who :hu: and I will record the drawing on video and post it later today. I'll do the same thing every day of the giveaway and I hope it will be fun for you and me.

Stay tuned. The winner will be able to select their prize from all of these pictured below. If the winner doesn't pick a prize before the next winner is chosen and that winner chooses a prize first, the first winner will have only what is left to choose from. And so on. That's how it will work for every winner - you get to pick your own prize from whatever is available at the time you choose.

13-13-13-prizes01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I'm gunning for a mug!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

What a tease!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jim McClain

The Winner of Our First of 13 Prizes Is...

@Kelly Fivecoat

Congratulations! Please select your prize from the photo above and tell me what you have chosen. This is a first-come, first-served giveaway, so if you don't choose a prize before the next winner is selected tomorrow, you may miss out on a chance to get the prize you want. You'll still get a prize, but your options will be fewer the longer you wait.

Watch the video I made today to see the winner selection process.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jim McClain

Kelly fivecoat chose the ProKnee 0714/0714E (#1) prize yesterday, so that leaves a choice of 5 different prizes for some of our next winners. Which brings me to today's 13-13-13 Giveaway winner:

@Chris 45

13-13-13-prizes02.jpg

Choose your prize from the graphic above and let me know. Congratulations!

The video below is how your name was chosen. The long delay is the difference in how excruciatingly long it takes to upload a video to YouTube. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mark Brown

Chris wants a mug...
    Then he wants it shipped to me...
    Chris is a good guy like that....
    :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jim McClain

Yeah, keep livin' in a dream world. :ohno:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Brown

Dream on ~ Aerosmith
    Running down a dream ~ Tom Petty
    Dream baby dream ~ Springsteen
    The river of dreams ~ Billy Joel
    .....you get the idea, I'm a dreamer baby

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Don’t forget Dreamer by Supertramp. I was worried that Mark wanted my special coffee mug:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Oh no way. He wants it shipped to me. I am the one that drinks all the coffee.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jim McClain

Winner Number Three Is...

@Steve McIntyre

Congratulations Steve! You have a choice of 5 different prizes. Choose from the photo below and let me know your prize number. [NOTE: Photo below edited 5/22/19 to reflect current choices left.]

13-13-13-prizes03.jpg

We have 10 more 13-13-13 Giveaway winners to announce in the next 10 days, so stay tuned.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Jim McClain

Looks like I will never become a YouTube video star. So sad. :ohno:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mark Brown

It's amazing and hilarious you remembered that man :)

14. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Your shining Bright Jimbo ! keep having fun and Congrats on 13 Years :yesss:

Mike

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Jim McClain

It's time to announce another winner in our 13-13-13 Giveaway...

@otterslide

Congratulations! Select your prize from the photo below and let me know as soon as possible. Thank you very much for being a participating member of The Floor Pro Community.

13-13-13-prizes02.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. otterslide

otterslide Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Jim! TFP is amazing, and thanks to all who have helped me through my projects.. Which are all done now and my house is going up for sale in a few days, along with the nice new flooring throughout the entire place! Those knee pads will come handy in the future, and I'll look like a Pro with that cap and pouch. =)
    Congrats on 13 years Jim.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mark Brown

That mug you could have sent me would have helped me TODAY!! Not the future.... someone will come through!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. otterslide

otterslide Well-Known Member

Maybe you're the next winner, hope you get the mug. :)

19. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Jim how long have you had your beard?
    I don't remember you having the beard when we saw you at Vegas which must have been a few years ago. Got to get back there before I through in this flooring game as a nice trip on our Inland Revenue Dept Getting closer

20. Jim McClain

Don't have a beard. Never have. I can't grow one because there's almost no whiskers on my cheeks. And no mustache either because it does some crazy porcupine thing. But I've grown goatees off and on since my mid-thirties - that little tuft below my lower lip since my twenties. This is the longest it's ever been though.

In 2007, you and I met up at Surfaces and I had a clean shaven face.
    surfaces2007-067sm.jpg

In 2012, you were a no-show, but my goat was there all short an' stubbly.
    surfaces2012-jan24-057sm.jpg

You and your bride were there the last time I went to Surfaces, in 2014. You were all stern-faced and my goat was a little more pointy.
    surfaces2014-010.jpg
    And @Roland Thompson had some weird growth on the side of his neck. ;)

I miss going to Surfaces (now TISE - The International Surface Event). I'm pretty sure I'll never make it there again, but I do have a lot of good memories.