12 million dollar mistake

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Jon Scanlan, May 16, 2019.

1. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

You have to have a contingency plan to transfer funds and disappear somewhere nice.

3. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Man, thats a shame. It was to go to you. Then you could have sent it to me in the states.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

That happened here in Indiana a while back. I don't remember the exact circumstances but I believe it was just a clerical error at a bank. The one thing I do remember is that when it was reported in the news they mentioned that if the person would have spent or done anything with the money they could have been prosecuted for theft.

My luck it would happen to me and that would be the day I overdrew my account...."Sorry sir, you made a purchase of an egg mcmuffin and now you're going to prison for theft from a financial institution."

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Tip since this site is one of its purposes.

Belize doesn’t extradite, and that’s all the legal info I will provide. Don’t private message me for a lawyer as I’ve never heard of you before.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

I received a check for $1,700 for work done for a store. Did the deposit at the atm and never gave it another thought. A couple of days later I discovered the bank posted $17,000 to my account. My wife worked for the bank and said I had to tell them of the mistake. I told here I was going down to the bank and close the account. LOL. I checked it again in a few days and it got changed by the bank. I told the store and they were not aware of the mistake, but they got a letter of apology and interest for the mistake they made with the posting. Good stuff.

7. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Happened here ago a few years ago as well and they went to jail
    NZ 'runaway millionaire' jailed
    My bank pinches every cent they can get from me
    Charged me $3 to move some money from one account to another even though I just deposited $45 grand into that account

8. Commercial Floor Rep

My bank doesn't make mistakes it's the international bank of W.I.F.E. If you don't believe me just ask her. I'm not allowed to be involved with financial decisions and I'm ok with that. I have enough on my plate dealing with the flooring world. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Don't feel like the lonely bull on the finiancial end. She says I'd just F it up. She is probably right. But I'd like to know how, what, when, where things get paid if something happens to her.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
  10. Commercial Floor Rep

I just assume it's black magic. It seems like there's incense, candles and chanting involved....oh wait! No that's sex. At least what I remember of it.

I know that as fat as I've gotten ain't no way she's going before me, so I don't worry about it. ;)

11. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Im an asshole so I’m going to outlive you all:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Commercial Floor Rep

Chris,

I'm 300+ lbs., I'm diabetic, and I have sleep apnea. So, it's not a very big achievement.

That's like saying you have better hair than Donald Trump...

Now get back to your PR job!

13. Chris 45

MOM, CFR is picking on me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Don't make me come back there... [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Chris 45

My mom used to threaten to pull the car over and beat my brother and I when we were acting up. I can still hear her now: ‘Don’t make me pull this car over, young man!’

We thought it was funny until that one time she actually pulled over. Right there in the middle of the Terwilliger Curves on I-5. We didn’t act up, as much, after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Not quite the 300 lbs., but everything else fit in.

:old:

Daris